Here are some leadership quotes that you may not be familiar with. They have strong meanings for me. I hope they will for you as well. Enjoy.
- Leaders are inherently teachers, If you are going to lead, you need to have something worthwhile to say and demonstrate to others ( Dr. Myles Munroe, 2009).
- A true leader does not measure his success by comparing himself to others but by evaluating how he is fufilling his own purpose and vision ( Dr. Myles Munroe, 2009).
- Leaders commit others to action; convert followers to leaders and convert leaders to change agents (Warren Bennis & Burt Nanus, 1997).
- Great leaders do not desire to lead but to serve (Dr. Myles Munroe, 2009).
- Leadership is a journey that starts where you are, not where you want to be (John Maxwell, 2005).
- Good, effective, and relevant leadership is all about lifelong learning (Dave Kraft, 2010).
- The leader’s greatest calling and most significant long-term contribution is to recruit and train other leaders (Dave Kraft, 2010).
- Leadership is unlimited when you believe in something bigger than yourself (Tony Crisp, 2010).
I am currently reading a book entitled, Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft (2010). Although the book is written for those who wants to excel in spiritual leadership, the points made in the book are applicable to leadership in general.
In his chapter entitled, The Leader’s Character, Kraft shares with us that a sponsored survey of nearly 1,500 business managers revealed that the managers desire a boss who is truthful, trustworthy and who has convictions. In other words, the business managers surveyed admire superiors with intergity. Mr. Kraft then quoted the late legendary basketball coach John Wooden from Coach Wooden’s book, They Call Me Coach. I think it is a wise quote so I will print it here for all us to review and remember.
“Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, because your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” (Wooden, 1972, p.62).
Until next time; lead on.